September 8, 2023
5 Ways to Make an Instant Impact on Instagram
Instagram is a great way to market yourself, your business, have fun and show off your personality. Here are a few ideas to help you make an impact on Instagram:
- Tell a story. Then tell it in #hashtags. For example, when you post photos of your next listing, don’t just add the address or a tiny tagline. Tell the story of the photos and make it personal. Then add interesting and popular hashtags that fit your story and the listing. You can do this at the end of your post or in the first comment.
- Try live videos. But what should you do in your live video? Simple. Answer the questions you get all the time about real estate. Interview a mortgage professional, inspector, contractor or someone in your community (practice first – it’s live!). Or show the behind the scenes look at a home getting photos done before it is listed. You can be your own reality TV star.
- Stand out with stories stickers. When you share your awesome photos and videos to Instagram stories, don’t forget to use stickers. Plenty are available in the app, and Coldwell Banker agents can use stickers of yard signs and other branded images. There are also great functions like adding a poll, asking a question, doing a countdown or creating a quiz.
- Issue a challenge. Challenge yourself by issuing a challenge to others! Pick something you are super into and create the challenge. Are you a staging superstar? Challenge your followers to stage their living room in 3 minutes and tag you in a story video or photos. Do you love coffee shops? Ask your followers to tag their favorites in the comments. Then visit that coffee shop and tag your friends who recommended it.
- Consistency is key. Be consistent with posting – post often. Be consistent with your color scheme and the type of content. Be consistent with your story telling.
Try these and you’ll make yourself an instant impact on Instagram.